ORGAN TRANSPLANT SERVICES
INCREASING AIR MEDICAL OPTIONS FOR TRANSPLANT PATIENTS
Organ transplantation is one of the significant advances in modern medicine. Organ and tissue donation helps save lives, restore health, and enhance medical care. The need for organ donors is greatest than the number of people who donates. In the United States, approximately 21 people die per day waiting for an organ, and more than 106,000 men, women, and children wait for life-saving organ transplants. 83% of the people on the waiting list wait for a kidney transplant. It is estimated that every donor can save up to 8 lives and enhance the quality of life of at least 75 more.
Air Medical Transport can arrange safe medical flights for organ donors to the organ procurement organizations and the patient recipients to their transplantation facility.
- Our team works with insurance companies to verify patients’ flight benefits and pre-authorize transplant flights when possible.
- We manage the entire insurance process, from benefit verifications, and flight pre-authorization submissions to appeals for flight benefit denials if necessary.
TRANSPLANT TRAVEL PLAN
Air Medical Transport is dedicated to offering options for organ transplant patients by providing safe, long-distance air medical transport solutions. We collaborate with patients and transplant organizations to develop a Transplant Travel Plan in advance to program ahead and save valuable time when an organ is available.
- Air Medical Transport flight coordinators are experienced and highly trained for transplant cases.
- Flight coordinator specialists are available 24/7 to answer questions and arrange medical flights.
- We work to compile patient information and medical records necessary to prepare a custom Transplant Travel Plan.
- Follow up with actively listed patients to confirm their information remain current and accurate.
- We arrange all the air and ground logistics to ensure a seamless medical flight.
With access to its network alliance fleet of medically configured jets, Air Medical Transport can pre-program all details to be prepared to respond when a patient receives an organ offer.
Air Medical Transport works with all Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) facilities to arrange safe air medical transports for transplant patients.