International Commercial Air Medical Escort
Air Medical Transportation for patients on a commercial airline’s first-class or business class passenger seat with a medical escort. The medical escorts are critical care nurses or flight paramedics trained to travel with patients on commercial flights. This type of non-emergency transport is one of the most economical compared with commercial stretcher or air ambulance transport. On-demand, medical escorts are equipped with a portable oxygen concentrator (POC) approved by the FAA and allowed on commercial airlines flights to provide low flow oxygen via nasal cannula.
When quoting and booking with us, the patient’s comfort and safety are the priority
- We arrange the entire logistics to anywhere globally with commercial airline flight availability.
- We find the best available airline options to minimize flight time, stops, and layover times.
- Patients receive expedited check-in and out services at the airport.
- We look for the best first-class or business class seats available with easy access to exits and lavatories.
Who can be a candidate for air transport with a medical escort?
- Domestic and international stable patients who are fit-to-fly on an airline passenger seat.
- A patient needs some assistance to ambulate and have good trunk control.
- A patient who can sit and use a standard-size wheelchair.
- A patient who is oxygen-dependent on low flow oxygen (1 to 3 liters per minute via nasal cannula).
Who is not a viable candidate for air transport with a medical escort?
- Patients that cannot safely be transported seated or do not fit on a standard-size airport wheelchair.
- A patient who cannot sit at 90 degrees for the duration of take-off, landing, and airport check-in and out.
- A patient unable to walk with one man’s assistance to enter a lavatory on a commercial flight.
- A patient on isolation restrictions with anything contagious to the rest of the passengers.
- A patient requiring any equipment restricted by the airline on regular passenger seats.
Feel free to contact us to verify if the patient can be a candidate for air transportation on a commercial passenger flight with a medical escort and obtain a free domestic or international bedside-to-bedside quote.
Our flight coordinators are available 24/7 to assist with any questions and book medical flights worldwide.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT MEDICAL ESCORT
What are Medical Escort Services?
Medical Escort Services is a transportation service that involves a professional medical escort accompanying a patient during a commercial flight. Our services are designed to provide safe and comfortable transport for patients who require medical attention during the flight.
Who needs Medical Escort Services?
Medical Escort Services are often required for stable individuals who can sit and take a few steps and have a medical condition that requires basic monitoring or non-invasive intervention during a commercial flight. These patients may include hemodynamically stable individuals with a chronic medical condition, those requiring oral medication or low-flow oxygen therapy during the flight, or those hemodynamically stable but recovering from surgery.
What does the Medical Escort team include?
The Medical Escort personnel can be a flying doctor, nurse, or flight paramedic with specialized aviation medicine training. The team will accompany the patient during the flight and provide basic medical care as needed while in a first-class or business-class airline’s passenger seat.
How do Medical Escort Services work?
Medical Escort Services involve commercial airlines, with the patient seated in a regular passenger seat. The Medical Escort monitors the patient’s vital signs and provides basic medical care during the flight. The medical escort will also assist with any necessary transfers at the airport, and our team will coordinate the transportation from origin to destination.
Does insurance cover Medical Escort Services?
Few insurance plans cover Medical Escort Services. However, checking with your insurance provider to determine what is covered is essential. The cost of the service can vary depending on the destination, flight availability, and flight length.
How do I request Medical Escort Services?
Medical Escort Services can be requested by contacting us. Our team will work with you to coordinate the flight and transport between airports, including arranging the necessary medical staff and equipment and booking the commercial flight.
How long does it take to arrange Medical Escort Services?
The time to arrange Medical Escort Services can vary depending on the location, flight availability, and the patient’s condition. Our team coordinates the transport as quickly and efficiently as possible while ensuring that all necessary medical precautions are taken.